Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Welcome

Well, this is my first blog ever. It is named "El Nuevo Cajoneador" because that's what I am - a new cajón player. About a year ago, I saw Freddie Colloca and his band play, and saw the cajón for the first time. I immediately fell in love with it, and have been pondering getting one ever since. Recently, I got a little extra money, so I recided to take the plunge. I just bought my cajón, a Meinl CAJ3MB-M. I also bought the Book/DVD Aprende el Cajón Flamenco and started going through the exercises.

I will try and keep up this blog as I learn to play this beautiful new instrument. I plan to put in problems I have, things I discover, good music that features the cajón, etc. There don't seem to be many resources on the net for cajón. This is my first percussion instrument ever (though I play a number of others) so it will be an interesting adventure. Whether I will be able to keep it up in English and Spanish, I don´t know. Maybe deba escribirlo en espanglish. Puede ser que sea easier and more divertido.

Bueno, este es mi primero blog. Es llamado "El Nuevo Cajoneador¨porque eso es lo que estoy. Hace un año que vi a Freddie Colloca y su grupo tocando, y vi el cajón por primera vez. Inmediatamente me anamoré de él, y desde aquel entonces estaba pensando adquirirlo. Hace un poco, conseguí un poco de dinero, así que dedecí arriesgarme. Acabo de comprar mi cajón, un Meinl CAJ3MB-M. I También compré el libro-DVD Aprende el Cajón Flamenco y empecé a practicarlo.

Voy a tratar de mantener este blog mientras aprendo a tocar este nuevo instrumento tan bello. Parece que no hay muchos recursos en la red sobre el cajón. Es mi primer instrumento de percusión (aúnque toco otros instrumentos) - va a estar una aventua muy interesante. Si voy a poder mantenerlo en inglés y español, eso no lo sé. Maybe deba escribirlo en espanglish. Puede ser que sea easier and more divertido.

No comments: